Aurora Cannabis (TSX: ACB) (OTCQB: ACBFF) announced this morning a company update on their multiple cannabis related operations around the world. The company has undertaken projects in numerous countries such as Denmark, Germany, Malta Australia, South Africa, and Colombia.
The company’s stock is currently trading at $5.97 per share and has a current market cap of 5.615 billion dollars. The following are highlights from the company’s international operations:
- Aurora Nordic, a 100,000 sq. ft. Denmark facility that contains retrofitted hybrid greenhouses, has received a shipment of medicinal cannabis clones from Aurora’s facilities in Canada. Once fully operational the facility will be capable of an annual output of 120,000 kgs of medical cannabis for the European market.
- Aurora Cannabis wholly owned subsidiary MedReleaf Corp (TSX: LEAF) has received its European GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certification for its cannabis product production facility in Markham, Canada. This is essential to qualify to send medicinal cannabis product to countries in the European Union.
- Cann Group Limited is a company located out of Australia which Aurora owns 22.9% of. Since Aurora Cannabis has participated as an investor with the company their stock price has increased by over 900%.
- Anandia Laboratories Inc, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aurora, also located in Australia has received cannabis plant tissue cultures from the Aurora Cannabis Mountain facility in Canada. The plant tissues will allow Anadia to generate various cannabis genetics to develop a plant breeding program on the Australian continent.
- Wholly-owned subsidiary CanniMed, has recently signed an agreement with Akula Trading Pty Ltd to supply cannabis derived product for the South African market.
- On July 24, 2018 MedReleaf announced the acquisition of MED-Colombia which owns licenses for the cultivation and production of medical cannabis and cannabis by products. This marks Aurora’s first venture into the continent of South America.
As the company continues to expand its operations in over 5 continents, it is clear that Aurora Cannabis is rapidly turning into one of the few international cannabis companies on the stock market.
You may be interested
Green Growth Brands Raises C$85 Million Via Private PlacementEditor - September 25, 2018
This morning, Green Growth Brands Ltd. announced that their company has raised C$85 million dollars via a private placement. The capital raise involved a series of strategic…
Cash Crop Today Interview with CEO of Open Grow™ João MeloEditor - September 25, 2018
Open Grow™ is a company located in Portugal that is dedicated to the research and creation of automation solutions for the agricultural growing environments. Their company aims to…
Lender420 Provides Funding Solutions to Fit Your Company’s Equipment NeedsEditor - September 24, 2018
Purchasing equipment involved in the cultivation, processing, manufacturing, and distribution of the cannabinoid-derived products can be one of the most expensive costs of setting up a successful…