Med Men Enterprises has begun construction on a large scale cultivation and manufacturing facility in Desert Hot Springs, California. The new facility is expected to become operational in 2019 and will help the company meet a growing demand for cannabis based products for California recently legalized recreational market. California’s recreational industry is expected to grow to $7.6B in annual sales by 2021.
The new facility will contain a 26,000 sq. ft. Dutch-style greenhouses with a 100% automated and temperature controlled environment. It will also feature two extraction rooms totaling in 19,000 sq. ft. and will be capable of producing 10,000 pounds of cannabis a year.
MedMen has used the same factory layout for its recently developed facility in Mustand, Nevada and will again use the same layout for its upcoming facility in Utica, New York.
MedMen’s cannabis factories include:
- A state-of-the-art greenhouse manufactured in Holland
- A tissue culture lab to genetically clean and multiply plants through micro-propagation
- A flowering room with a 25,000-plant capacity
- Bakery and Chocolate kitchen rooms
- Butane and CO2 extraction rooms
- High-tech analytics lab