Molson Coors and HEXO Corp. to Joint Venture on Cannabinoid Derived Beverages for Canadian Recreational Market | CashCropToday
0 Shares 148 Views

Molson Coors and HEXO Corp. to Joint Venture on Cannabinoid Derived Beverages for Canadian Recreational Market

October 5, 2018
148 Views

Molson Coors Brewing Company (NYSE: TAP; TSX: TPX) and HEXO Corp. (TSX: HEXO) announced this morning that the companies have come to an agreement to joint venture to manufacture and develop a product line of non-alcoholic, cannabinoid-infused beverages for the Canadian market following the recreational legalization of cannabis on October 17, 2018.

The joint venture will operate under a company named Truss, which will be headed by Molson Coors Executive Brett Vye, as CEO. The new management team will be comprised of three members from both HEXO and Molson Coors respectively. MCC has a 57.5% controlling interest with HEXO holding the remaining 42.5%.

HEXO Corp. is in the process of expanding their 300,000 sq. ft. operating space to a total of 1,000,000 sq. ft. to meet the expected demand in the marketplace. By partnering with the Canadian branch of Molson Coors, HEXO will be able to reference to their expertise and experience in the development of beverages for consumers throughout the world.

HEXO has issued 11,500,000 warrants to Molson Coors Brewing Company, which will be exercisable to purchase one common share at an exercise price of $6.00 for a period of 3 years.

“With the backing of two partners with deep Canadian roots, proven success, and market-leading experience in the respective beverage and cannabis industries in Canada, Truss will hit the ground running. When consumable cannabis is legalized in Canada, Truss will be ready to make its mark as a responsible leader in providing high-quality beverages for the Canadian consumer,” said Brett Vye, Chief Executive Officer at Truss.

You may be interested

Global Hemp Group Announces Harvest Update on their CBD Hemp Farm in Scio Oregon
Market Watch
274 views
Market Watch
274 views

Global Hemp Group Announces Harvest Update on their CBD Hemp Farm in Scio Oregon

Editor - November 27, 2018

Vancouver, BC -- (November 27, 2018) -- GLOBAL HEMP GROUP INC. (“GHG” or the “Company”) (CSE: GHG / OTC: GBHPF / FRANKFURT: GHG) and its joint venture…

Wayland Group Enters UK Cannabis Market with Theros Pharma Acquisition
Global
195 views
Global
195 views

Wayland Group Enters UK Cannabis Market with Theros Pharma Acquisition

Editor - November 26, 2018

Wayland Group (CSE:WAYL) (OTCQB:MRRCF) has announced this morning that their company has entered into an agreement to acquire 51% of UK company Theros Pharma Ltd. The Wayland Group…

GW Pharma’s CBD Pharmaceutical, Epidiolex, Shows Results in Lowering Seizures in Clinical Trials
Manufacturing
191 views
Manufacturing
191 views

GW Pharma’s CBD Pharmaceutical, Epidiolex, Shows Results in Lowering Seizures in Clinical Trials

Editor - November 26, 2018

GW Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: GWPH) has announced this morning that their company has completed a double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase 3 clinical trial for its Cannabidiol (CBD) derived product EPIDIOLEX®.…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Most from this category

%d bloggers like this: