The “Medical Marijuana – Competitive Insight, 2019” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The “Medical Marijuana – Competitive Intelligence Analysis, 2019” report provides comprehensive insights into growth prospects in the Medical Marijuana industry. A detailed picture of the competitive landscape is provided with complete analysis of companies, patents, pipeline products, competitive benchmarking and therapeutic assessment of clinical products.
The fast development of cannabis and its expanding appropriation over the therapeutic application has grabbed the eye of a large group of industry verticals running from pharmaceuticals in addition to advisory and consultancy administrations. While cannabis cultivators and producers are the most critical piece of the cannabis ecosystem, revenue comes significantly from pharmaceutical organizations. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not recognized or approved the marijuana plant as medicine. However, the scientific study of the chemicals in marijuana, called cannabinoids, has led to some FDA-approved medications that contain cannabinoid chemicals in pill form. Continued research may lead to the approval of more medications.
Overview of companies in medical marijuana arena
The report covers 12+ companies working in this domain, such as GW Pharmaceuticals, Canopy Growth Corporation, Aurora Cannabis, Auxly Cannabis Group and others. GW Pharmaceuticals has two medical marijuana products in the market; Epidiolex and Sativex. Epidiolex (cannabidiol) oral solution is the first FDA-approved drug that contains a purified drug substance derived from marijuana. It is also the first FDA approval of a drug for the treatment of patients with Dravet syndrome.
Scope of the Report
Key Market Drivers
- Provides an overview of therapeutic pipeline activity for medical marijuana across the clinical product development cycle including Phase I, Phase II and Phase III stages.
- Detailed profiles of companies active in medical marijuana arena with key coverage of business overview, products, and latest development activities focusing on collaborations and licensing deals, partnerships and agreements, acquisitions, product launches, awards and grants, and other latest developments.
- Analysis of medical marijuana pipeline products with key coverage of brief drug description and product profile focusing on molecule type, phase of clinical development, drug developer, indication, and route of administration.
- Therapeutic assessment of the active pipeline products by stage, indication, and route of administration.
- Provides information about drivers, barriers and opportunities that are shaping the medical marijuana market.
- Covers CI analysis consisting of comprehensive SWOT and PESTEL analysis.
- Provides list of Medical Marijuana patents filed in the last five years.
- Includes comments of experts and industry updates, product launches, and scientific intelligence.
- Growing legalization of medical marijuana
- Rising research and development activities
- Increasing ageing population
- With the growing legalization of medical marijuana, more and more companies are investing in clinical trials with marijuana and its extracts to treat variety of indications.
- The recent USFDA and European Commission Approval of Epidiolex, a plant-derived cannabidiol has contributed to overall growth of the medical marijuana industry.
- The market is expected to witness a series of new product approvals in the near future.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1. Marijuana Forms
1.2. Mechanism of Action
1.3. Categories of Marijuana
1.4. Health Benefits of Medical Marijuana
1.5. Cannabinoids as Medicine
1.6. THC vs. CBD
1.7. Therapeutic Applications of Medical Marijuana
1.8. Toxic Effects of Marijuana
2. Legality of Medical Marijuana
3. Market Dynamics
3.1. Market Drivers
3.2. Market Opportunities
3.3. Market Barriers
4. CI Analysis
5. Market Scenario
6. Company Profiling
7. Competitive Benchmarking
8. Therapeutic Assessment: Clinical Products
8.1. Assessment by Stage
8.2. Assessment by Indication
8.3. Assessment by Stage and Indication
8.4. Assessment by Route of Administration
8.5. Assessment by Stage and Route of Administration
9. Pipeline Analysis
9.1. Caumz (PPP011): Tetra Bio-Pharma
9.2. Medical Cannabis: MedReleaf
10. Approved Drugs
10.1. Epidiolex: GW Pharmaceuticals
10.2. Sativex: GW Pharmaceuticals
11. Patent Overview
11.1. Axim Biotechnologies
11.2. India Globalization Capital
12. Latest Updates
13. Expert Comments
- Canopy Growth Corporation
- Aurora Cannabis
- Auxly Cannabis Group
- OrganiGram Holdings
- Cronos Group
- GW Pharmaceuticals
- Terra Tech Corp
- Mary’s Medicinals
- Papa & Barkley
- CannTrust Holdings
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/1j1ewz
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.